Lt Col & Dr. Akella Amarendra Babu,
B. Tech, M Tech (IITM), Ph D, MBA, PGDOM, FIETE
- Dean (Academics), St. Martin’s Engg College, Secunderabad. An Autonomous College, NBA & NAAC A+ Accredited
- Ph D (CSE) from JNTUA, Ananthapuramu and M. Tech (CS) from IIT Madras, Chennai.
- Lt Colonel in Indian Army – 23 years
- R & D experience in DLRL, DRDO, Project Samyukta.
- AVP @ Mahindra Satyam and Gp Project Manager @ BSIL – 12 years
- Data Communications & Computer Networks
- Information Security and Cryptography
- Speech Processing & Machine Learning
- Operations Management and Project Management
- Speech Signal Processing Algorithms.
- Information Security and Cryptography.
Patent of the invention titled “UNSUPERVISED DATA-DRIVEN PRONUNCIATION ADAPTATION MODEL FOR AUTOMATIC SPEECH RECOGNITION SYSTEMS”, is published in The Patent Office Journal 31/03/2017 page 8121.
Chapters in Edited Book
- Akella Amarendra Babu, Yellasiri Ramadevi, Akepogu Ananda Rao, “Data Driven Methods For Adaptation of ASR Systems”, IAENG Transactions on Engineering Sciences, May 2015 Pp 327-341.
- Akella Amarendra Babu, Sridevi Tumula, and Yellasiri Ramadevi, “Voiceprint-Based Biometric Template Identifications”, chapter 3 in book “The Biometric Computing – Recognition and Registration” published by Taylor and Francis Group, edited by Karm Veer Arya
Robin Singh Bhadoria. published in 2019
- Amarendra Babu, Y. Ramadevi, A. Ananda Rao, Dynamic pronunciation modeling for unsupervised learning of ASR systems, IETE Journal of Research. 62(5) (2016) 546-556, DOI: 10.1080/03772063.2015.1119660..
- Akella Amarendra Babu, Y. Ramadevi, A. Ananda Rao, Phonetic distance based accent classifier to identify pronunciation variants and OOV words, Signal & Image Processing: An International Journal (SIPIJ) 6(4) (2015) 33-46.
- Akella Amarendra Babu, Ramadevi Yellasiri, “Robust Speech Coding Algorithms”, International Journal of Cryptography and Information Security, (IJCIS) vol 2, N0 1, Mar 2012 pp 55 – 63.
- Akella Amarendra Babu, Ramadevi Yellasiri, Nagaratna P Hegde, 2012 “Robust Speech Processing in EW Environment”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol 38, No 11, January 2012, pp 46 – 50.
- Akella Amarendra Babu, N Siva Prasad& KK Baseer (2017) ‘Dynamic Reconfiguration of Communication Hubs During Offensive Military Operations’ International Journal of Research. Vol:4, Issue:17, Pages 3776 to 3780.
- K K Basheer, Akella Amarendra Babu, 2019, “Analysing various Regression Models for data processing”, International Journal Innovation Technologies and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), Vol 8, Issue 8, June 2019, pp 731 – 736. ISSN 2278-3075.
- Akella Amarendra Babu, Siva Prasad Nadakuduru, “Robust Command And Control System For Military Weapons”, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), e-ISSN: 2278-1684,p-ISSN: 2320-334X, pp 20-24.
Membership with Professional Bodies
- Fellow of Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (FIETE)
- Life Member of Computer Society of India (LMCSI)
- Member of International Association of Engineers.
- Akella Amarendra Babu, Ramadevi Yellasiri, N. Sainath, “Adaptation Model for Building Agile Pronunciation Dictionaries using Phonemic Distance Measurements, 20th International Research Confernce Proceedings, San Franciscom USA, 6-7 June 2018, pp 558-562.
- Akella Amarendra Babu, Ramadevi Yellasiri, “Dynamic Phone Warping – A method to measure the distance between Pronunciations”, 6th International Conference of Advanced Computer Science and Information Technology, Dubai, UAE, 26-28 May 2018, pp 65-73.
- Akella Amarendra Babu, Ramadevi Yellasiri, A Ananda Rao, “Unsupervised Adaptation of ASR Systems – An Application of Dynamic Programming in Machine Learning”, IEEE proceedings of SAI Intelligent Systems Conference (Intellisys 2015), London, UK, November 10-11, 2015, 245-253.
IEEE Catalog Number: CFP15C15-USB, ISBN: 978-1-4673-7605-1
- Akella Amarendra Babu, Ramadevi Yellasiri, A Ananda Rao, Unsupervised Adaptation of ASR Systems Using Hybrid HMM and VQ model, Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science: Proceedings of The International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2014, IMECS 2014, 12-14 March, 2014, Hong Kong, pp 169 – 174.
- Hema A. Murthy, A. A. Babu, B. Yegnanarayana and K.V. Madhu Murthy, 1988, “Speech coding using Fourier Transform phase,” EUSIPCO-88, Grenoble, France, Vol.2, pp.879-882, Sept., 1988.
- Akella Amarendra Babu, Ramadevi Yellasiri, A Ananda Rao, “Data Driven Approaches for Pronunciation Adaptation Modeling in ASR systems”, Indian Conference on Signal and Image Processing, 10-11 July 2015.
- Akella Amarendra Babu, Ramadevi Yellasiri, 2012 “Symmetric Encryption Algorithm in Speech Coding for Defence Communications” ITCS, JSE-2012 conference proceedings, CS & IT 04, pp. 369–376, January, 2012.
- Akella Amarendra Babu, Siva Prasad Nadakuduru, “Robust Command And Control System For Military Weapons”, National Conference On “Innovative Approaches In Mechanical Engineering” ST.Martin’s Engineering College, Secunderabad, India, pp 20-24.
Countries Visited to present research work at International Conferences
- 1. Hong Kong
- 2. London, United Kingdom
- 3. Dubai
- 4. San Francisco, USA
- Ph D (CSE) from JNTUA, Ananthapuramu. 2016.
- M.Tech (CS) from Indian Institute of Technology, Madras 1986-88.
- B. Tech (ECE) from JNU 1981–84, First class with Honours.
- MBA in HRM from IGNOU 2016, 1st Division.
- PGDOM from IGNOU 1996, 1st Division.
- B. Sc (MPC) from SV Univ 1970-73, First Class.
- PMI Certification Sep 2005.
- Business Continuity Management Program – BCM Institute. Sep 2008.
- Six Sigma Green Belt